What are teeth veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin shells of ceramic that bond directly to the front surfaces of the teeth. They are an ideal choice for improving your smile and have become increasingly popular due to their simplicity and versatility. As a cosmetic dental procedure, dental veneers create a brighter, whiter smile composed of more perfectly aligned and shapely teeth. Veneers are sometimes placed for cosmetic reasons alone, rather than for necessary health purposes. The translucent quality of today’s porcelain veneers provides a more natural look than what has been available to past generations. This allows a beautiful and natural looking smile. Porcelain material is a perfect solution for the demands of your teeth.
Placing custom teeth veneers requires a high degree of technical skill as well as attention to cosmetic detail – skills that demonstrate the extensive training prosthodontists undergo. Hal N. Arnold, D.M.D., M.S. Esthetic & Implant Dentistry places veneers routinely and designs each case individually to match and enhance the characteristics of each patient’s smile.
Despite the cause of unattractive teeth, veneers alone have the ability to solve most, if not all, of your cosmetic concerns regarding your smile and existing teeth. These problems include:
- Wear and Tear: Teeth naturally wear down as people age. Older teeth are more likely to have cracks, chips, or an uneven appearance.
- Worn Enamel: The thin, hard white substance covering your teeth (enamel) may become worn, dulled, and discolored over time.
- Uneven Teeth: Uneven length or width of teeth can be the result of teeth grinding or general wear.
- Genetics: Certain people may be born with abnormal appearance of teeth or spacing between the teeth that grows wider as they age.
- Alternative to Orthodontics: Some malalignment issues can be addressed with these conservative restorations.
Be Confident in Your Smile! Schedule an Appointment TodayBuckhead Hal N. Arnold, D.M.D., M.S. Esthetic & Implant Dentistry Phone Number (404) 948-1324 Schedule an Appointment
Our office hours are Monday - Thursday 8:00AM to 5:00PM
Will dental veneers look like normal teeth?
When bonded to the teeth, the ultra-thin porcelain veneers are virtually undetectable and highly resistant to coffee, tea, or even cigarette stains. For strength and appearance, their resemblance to healthy, white tooth enamel is unsurpassed by other restorative options.
How durable are porcelain veneers?
With proper care, porcelain veneers will brighten your smile for well over a decade. Dr. Arnold will ensure that your veneers are crafted from the highest quality porcelains and are bonded with the most advanced and proven materials available.
Refraining from using your veneers as tools to open and cut things will prolong their life and if accidental breakage or damage occurs, it is usually possible to replace only the veneer involved.
Before and After
Before and After